|Posted by K on February 25, 2013 at 6:25 PM||comments (0)|
Here are some of the good books I read this week.
1. The False Prince - Jennifer Nielson, 2012. This fantasy series is about an orphan boy who is forced to take part in a dangerous plot and compete against three other boys for the role of the false prince. The first in a trilogy, this book was filled with suspense and surprises!
2. The Humming Room - Ellen Potter, 2012. A girl with a dark childhood moves to a mansion on an island, and soon discovers the many secrets hidden there. Inspired by The Secret Garden.
3. The Cry of the Icemark - Stuart Hill, 2005. Princess Thirrin, a fierce fighter, must use all of her skills to defend her land from invaders when her father is killed. An epic fantasy with lots of adventure.
|Posted by K on February 14, 2013 at 6:20 PM||comments (0)|
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! Love is in the air! What do you think about Valentine's Day? Personally, I think it's a great excuse to eat chocolate and wear pink all day.
Speaking of love, here is my weekly list of good books I have read.
1. The Lions of Little Rock - Kristen Levine, 2012. A beautiful book about two girls who form a friendship during school integration in 1958.
2. Theodore Boone, Kid Lawyer - John Grisham, 2010. A thiteen-year-old boy goes to court to solve a mystery involving a murderer. For fans of Artemis Fowl.
3. Dragon Keeper - Carole Wilkinson, 2003. A young girl living in ancient China befriends a dragon and go on a journey together. A wonderful fantasy story.
Have a great Valentine's Day!
|Posted by K on February 7, 2013 at 6:05 PM||comments (0)|
Every week, I will post some of the best books I've read this week! Enjoy!
1. The Encyclopedia of Me - Karen Rivers, 2012. This book is about a thirteen-year-old girl who tells you her life story in the form of an encyclopedia. It was hilarious!
2. Remarkable - Lizzie K. Foley, 2012. This bnook is about a town named Remarkabled, fulled of remarkable people. This book is - remarkable!
3. Circle of Heroes - Adam J. Epistein and Andrew Jacobson, 2012. The third in a series about the adventures of a cat, bird, and frog, familiars to wizards in the magical land of Vastia.
4. Gregor the Overlander - Suzanne Collins, 2003. By the author of The Hunger Games, this book tells the tale of a boy named Gregor who discovers a city below New York.
5. Dragon Flight - Jessica Day George, 2008. This book weaves the tale of a young seamstress who has to save the kingdom from a war with dragons. The second in a trilogy.
What do you think of these books? Tell me!