Welcome to The K Files! My name is... well, let's just say that my name is K. I am a young writer and an avid reader. To find out more about me, go to About Me.
This is a site for young writers! I will post about writing news, contests, books, and more. I will also share some of my own writing. Please tell me what you think of it!
This site is very new, so I apologize if it is incomplete in some regards. I am working on it as much as I can, I promise.
|Posted by K on February 7, 2013 at 6:05 PM||comments (0)|
Every week, I will post some of the best books I've read this week! Enjoy!
1. The Encyclopedia of Me - Karen Rivers, 2012. This book is about a thirteen-year-old girl who tells you her life story in the form of an encyclopedia. It was hilarious!
2. Remarkable - Lizzie K. Foley, 2012. This bnook is about a town named Remarkabled, fulled of remarkable people. This book is - remarkable!
3. Circle of Heroes - Adam J. Epistein and Andrew Jacobson, 2012. The third in a series about the adventures of a cat, bird, and frog, familiars to wizards in the magical land of Vastia.
4. Gregor the Overlander - Suzanne Collins, 2003. By the author of The Hunger Games, this book tells the tale of a boy named Gregor who discovers a city below New York.
5. Dragon Flight - Jessica Day George, 2008. This book weaves the tale of a young seamstress who has to save the kingdom from a war with dragons. The second in a trilogy.
What do you think of these books? Tell me!
|Posted by K on January 24, 2013 at 5:15 PM||comments (0)|
This poem was inspired by my experiences at a summer cottage at Lake Huron. I hop you enjoy it!
Take me there
Take me to that special place
Where I went a long time ago
When I was small.
That place where the bears walk
Across the sun-bleached rocks
On hot days.
Where the frogs sing all night
And the birds sing all day
Where the trees stand tall
And let you climb them
And where the water ripples with calm
And lets you swim with the fishies.
Where all is calm
All is bright
Just like in that old song.
Where the full moon
dances with the stars
Where the morning sun
dances with the lake
|Posted by K on January 16, 2013 at 6:05 PM||comments (0)|
This next poem, Winterworld, was inspired by a night scene I saw yesterday with snow falling in the darkness. Enjoy!
To theearth below.
Sometimeslit up by dim streetlights
But mostlyswallowed up by the blackness
The onlynoises are
A distantdog barking at the sky
The carsreplying as they roar through silent streets
Like piecesof the stars and the clouds
Or tinyworks of art
Ofsugarplums and soft blankets
Of fluffyclouds and gentle cushions
Of thepeaceful winterworld
The snowweaves a lullaby
That rocksthe city